Have you thought about donating to NWAC through work? Your employer may be able to help you support avalanche safety in a couple of ways. As a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization NWAC is eligible for most matching programs.
Many employers in the Northwest will match your gift to NWAC! If you work for a large company (or sometimes even a small one), it may match your gift to NWAC. Check out this list of companies with matching gift programs, use this database from The University of Washington, or talk to the person in charge of workplace giving at your company to see if they will match your gift and increase your support of NWAC!
My employer does match gifts! How can I enroll?
You can request an employer match for your charitable gift through THREE easy steps:
1) Contact your HR department to determine instructions for submitting a matching gift. You can also learn more about your employer’s policies here.
2) Determine the amount that you are eligible to have matched, which is the amount you have paid to date minus the fair market value of thank you gifts received this year.
Fair-Market Value of NWAC Gifts:
- T-Shirts: $10
- Green City hat: $10
- Grey Athletic hat: $10
- Brown hat: $10
- Green Hoodie: $40
- Ortovox Backpack: $140
- Outdoor Research Jacket: $199
Contact email@example.com for additional information on fair market value of your thank you gifts.
3) Designate your matched funds the Northwest Avalanche Center. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, and our non-profit registration number, or EIN, is: #91-1971688
Your employer may also ask for additional information about NWAC:
Legal Name: Northwest Avalanche Center
Address: 249 Main Ave. S 107-366, North Bend, WA 98045
Tax ID number or EIN #91-1971688
Please note that employers can only match the amount you have paid to-date, as opposed to the total amount you are donating over time. If you made a one-time gift, great! You can submit for a match for the full amount.
If you are a monthly donor, your gift can be matched in one of two ways:
1) Submit a matching gift form for each month’s installment
– OR –
2) Submit a matching gift form when your installments have completed, or once a fiscal year.
Donate through your employer’s payroll deduction program. Many employers are part of workplace giving programs. You can have your donation spread out over the course of the year or make a one-time donation by deducting it from your paycheck. This simplifies the process on your end and ensures that you receive the tax benefit—and allows us to focus on avalanche safety rather than fundraising!
If you work for federal, state, county or city government or work for a public university, NWAC will be listed in your campaign catalog. Look for “Northwest Avalanche Center” or “Friends of the Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center” listed alphabetically in the index. Write NWAC’s code number on your payroll deduction pledge form.
If you have any questions about workplace giving please contact firstname.lastname@example.org