Didn't see any signs of avalanche until the terrain got steeper, when we began to see small slabs release from the skin track. A compression test confirmed a very touchy storm slab well below treeline. We turned around and the group ahead of us decided to turn around as well. We left before the forecast was updated to considerable below treeline and would strongly agree with that assessment.
Observed Avalanche Problem #1:
About 4000', just above the waterfall we dug a pit down to about 45 cm where there was a stout crust. The top 6-8" new storm snow collapsed and slid while attempting to isolate the column on multiple tests.