Some observations on Ruby Mountain:
* We stayed in relatively mellow north facing terrain.
* Witnessed late morning east face slides, possibly caused by falling seracs as the slides didn’t propagate much.
* There were crowns of avalanches on the steep north face but they happened before our arrival.
* Snow was soft and fairly stable above and near tree line (apart from observations mentioned above). We tested some steeper low consequence slopes that didn’t react.
* Below tree line the trees were shedding like crazy constantly dumping snowballs in all sizes and shapes.