1. Recorded observations on northern aspect to investigate presence of persistent weak layer below 5000'. Found rounding facets at 75 and 90 cm down below K-hard crusts.
4800' elevation, NW aspect
Boot pen: 30 cm
Wind loaded slope
- CTE SP down 13 cm
- CTM SP (x2) down 24 cm on DFdc
- CT15 SC down 75 cm on MFcl with FCxr
- CT20 SC down 90 cm on FCxr
2. Recorded observations on southerly aspects to observe weekend (2/5 - 2/6) sun crust loading via hand shears. Found sun crust at 5000' on SSW aspect with 1mm buried surface hoar down 25 cm with planar-energetic hand shear result.